Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Blog 2

Jasmine Anderson
09|23|13
Blog Entry 2

 
          
        I've been looking all over the internet for a poem or song to write about. This task has been very challenging for me because I couldn't find anything that I could relate to that was also related to the supernatural theme of my English class. After reading about seventy-five poems and listening to about fifty songs I was at my wits-ends with this assignment. I thought to myself "the next poem I read will be the poem that I will write about no if's, and's, or but's. Ironically that poem was the perfect poem for me to do this assignment on.The poem is called "Silver Lining" by Ali Gulamali. Gulamali is an 19 year old male poet from Pakistan. He is also an amateur poet who only has 6 other poems online. His work can be found on the website www.allpoetry.com. I have choosing this particular piece of work because it's just simply amazing. This poem has a huge connection to my life, it reminds me so much of my grandmother and her battle with cancer. The poem is scary , beautiful , motivating, and sad all at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment